Economy, Fiscal Responsibility, Energy Independence, Education Excellence
Utah is the Best fiscally managed State. We need to continue to improve. The Economy will grow when Government will allow it. In many cases Government is holding business growth back. Education can, will and must improve, but spending more money isn't always the answer.
As a taxpayer, I see the money spent on buildings and will advocate an improved balance between cost savings and quality to the process. I would hope we can reduce costs while still maintaining the quality and also increase the value and number or size of projects.
We need more consensus building and less compromise. If we focus on what we agree on, we can accomplish the most good. We need clean energy, clean air, clean water, clean land and energy independence. We may not agree with each other on all issues. We do need more renewable energy and to save energy.
By being active in politics, we can influence what happens around us. One of the areas I have been active in is media, including Social Media. In politics, I have been and am currently an online media rapid response moderator and/or responder, along with managing several Facebook groups and pages, and using Twitter to promote news to a wider audience, or reducing their impact.
LICENSES AND AFFILIATIONS
• Licensed Utah Architect since 1991
• Licensed Idaho Architect since 2008
• Member of the American Institute of Architects since 1991
• Member of ChamberWest since 2007
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY SERVICE
• AIA Utah, Government Affairs Committee, January 2008 to present. Assisting with tracking, suggesting, and coordination of bills and regulations affecting the practice of architecture.
• Utah Republican State Delegate 2002-2003, 2005-2011.
• Salt Lake County Republican House District 32 Chair, August 2010 to present
• ChamberWest Regional Chamber of Commerce Government Action Committee
• Campaign Volunteer and/or Consultant for the following:
Ron Bigelow, Utah House of Representatives, 1994 to Nov. 2010.
Jason Chaffetz, U.S. House of Representatives, Utah 3rd District, May 2008 to present.
Kevin Fayles, Candidate for Mayor, West Valley City, UT, 2009.
Dave Hansen, Utah State Republican Party Chair, March 2009 to June 2009.
Cherilyn Eagar, 2010 US Senate Race, May 2009 to May 2010,
Tim Bridgewater, 2010 US Senate Race, May and June 2010.
Morgan Philpot, 2010 U.S. House of Representatives, Utah 2nd District, June 2010 to November 2010.
Daniel W. Thatcher, 2010 Utah State Senate, District 12, August 2010 to November 2010
• Church Based community service
The Salt Lake County Republican Party will be covening a caucus of the Salt Lake County Delegates from Legislative District 32 on Thursday January 6, 2011 at 7:00pm. The Caucus will be held in the Meeting Room at the West Valley Library, 2880 West 3650 South, West Valley, UT 84119. Registration for the meeting will begin at 6:45pm and the meeting will begin promptly at 7:15pm.
The purpose of the meeting will be for the Salt Lake County Delegates in Legislative District 32 to determine the Republican who will be submitted to the Governor for appointment to fill the remainder of the term.